Products from Tile of Spain branded manufacturers are on the forefront of high-performance and sustainable design. Ceramic tile is inherently one of the most sustainable products on the market. Couple that with a commitment to eco-responsible manufacturing and the product offers a multitude of environmental benefits.
Visit the Tile of Spain website Creating Sustainability to learn more.
Responsible Manufacturing Practices:
- The manufacturing process recycles 100% of retained production water, resulting in a drastic reduction in water consumption.
- In the past 20 years, the industry has tripled its production yet managed to reduce gaseous emissions by 75% of the original 1970’s consumption levels.
- Material waste is eliminated by recycling scraps as they are cut. Scraps are sent back to the beginning of the process to be reground and reformed into fresh material.
- The natural clay and sand used are regional materials and relatively abundant resources.
- In addition to embracing corporate responsibility, several manufacturers have made bold strides in new innovations that incorporate recycled materials or include a sustainable functionality. Some products are made with up to 80% pre-consumer recycled material.
- With ecological ceramics, manufacturers have taken sustainability into account throughout the entire production process.
Sustainability Characteristics Inherent in Ceramic Tile:
- Manufactured in various levels of slip resistance for improved safety on exterior or interior surfaces.
- Made from 100% plentiful and natural raw materials. When removed from site, is not harmful to landfills.
- Remains in service up to four times longer than other flooring products
- Easily repaired by replacing individual tiles rather than entire installations.
- Does not require toxic products such as detergents, waxes, solvents and shampoos to maintain, only neutral cleansers and water.
- Reduce allergies and improve indoor air quality.
- Does not absorb odors like smoke, paint fumes or other contaminants.
- Chemically inert and inhibits the growth of mold, mildew, fungus and other organisms